This post contains how to root Xperia Ray ST18i ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.587) with the use of DooMLoRD Toolkit.
- For Windows only
- Root your device at your own risk
- First, read well and then follow instruction as it is.
- Latest Flash-Tool Software - Download Link Here
- Flash the Kernel of 4.1.A.0.562
- Download the Kernel - Click Here
- Download the Flash-Tool and Install (If you have not install flash-Tool drivers first you have to install it - \FlashTool\drivers\FlashTool-drivers.exe )
- Then, put ST18i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf (Downloaded in 1) into the \FlashTool\Firmwares
- Then open FlashTool.exe, Click on the Flash Button and select Flash Mode.
- Select Ray and Press OK.
- Then follow the instruction give by the software to connect the phone to the PC.
- Then you have to connect the device to PC (Make sure that device is switched off [remove battery may be]. First Plug the cable to the device and then plug USB to the PC while press and hold volume down key) (If the device connected correctly, a green led will show up)
- Download the Kernel – Click Here
- Now flash the kernel by Follow 3 to 6 in the 1st step.
Now your device is rooted.
Special Thanks to - DoomLoRD, OverLo4d (for his tutorial in Arc/S section)